Tuesday 27 December 2011

Mydoe

Today was a great day to get rid of some old Christmas ornaments.  The deer are enjoying the lentils that are around on the ground and the alfalfa bales stood up in the yard. I got to within 5 feet of Mydoe and her fawn today. He is a little guy ....  if we had a winter like last year he might not have made it. With December nearly gone and even if January and February are very cold as predicted he is little but nice a fat and will likely make it. I don't want the little guy to become friendly with all humans so I make sure I come into him upwind so he smells me and knows who it is...
They really found the tossed outside Christmas tree interesting and after a few nibbles at it must have decided it wasn't all that great to eat.
Charlotte was okay today ...here is hoping she doesn't meet the same end as Barney ad KitKat. She was wet under her chin this morning and panic hit me...but when I went for our daily walk with her it was dried up. Will have to check in morning.
Crocus Creek was calm today and it just felt so good to be here ....

No comments:

Post a Comment